Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just Another Saturday

I'm getting a bit bored with my blog.  I think it is time to update it again.  So hopefully in the next few weeks you will see changes occurring here and there.  Of course, it is also dependent on the amount of time I have available.  Which at times can be slim to none, Ha ha ha ha.  So I'm going to start doing some dreaming, hanging out on Pinterest, and surfing the web to find some ideas that inspire me.  I am sure to learn quite a bit along the way.

Anyway back to reality, we have not done much this weekend.  Hubby has been under the weather, so he stayed home from work today.  The kids and I went shopping with grandma A this morning.  I cooked a new recipe for supper (see below).  Yummy!!!!  

I introduced the kids to the movie "Annie" this afternoon.  It brings back memories of a childhood friend that I have lost contact with when she moved out east after she graduatedDuring part of my childhood we lived with my grandparent's and she lived just a few houses down.  Well may be one of these days, I will bump into her again.

I have been reading a series of books by Kathleen Morgan on my kindle the last few weeks.  I have gobbled down "Daughter of Joy", "Woman of Grace", "Lady of Light" and am currently reading "Child of Promise."  I have really enjoyed this series.  It is Christian fiction and is set in the late 1890s to early 1900s near Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Each book has a major theme with smaller themes intermingled within.  The first book is about faith, listening, and courage.  The second book is about forgiveness, love, and peace.  The third book is about discovery, pride, and trust.  I am only on chapter one of the fourth book, but cannot wait to see what adventures are hidden inside.

Oh, without further adieu . . . tonight's new recipe.


Perfect Winter Beef Stew

Ingredients
3/4 cup Italian Dressing ( I made homemade)
2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
6 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 lb.sliced fresh mushrooms ( I used canned)
1 large onion, chopped
6 carrots (about 1 lb.), sliced ( I used baby carrots)
1-1/2 lb. red potatoes (about 5), peeled, cut into large chunks
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth

Instructions
Pour dressing over stew meat in resealable plastic bag.  Seal bag; turn to evenly coat meat with dressing.  Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.  Cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.  Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; drain bacon on paper towels.  Add mushrooms and onions to reserved drippings; cook on medium-high heat. 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.  Remove stew meat from marinade; add to saucepan with carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth, and bacon.  Discard bag and marinade.  Bring stew to boil, stirring occasionally; cover.  Simmer on low heat 1-1/2 hours or until beef is done and stew is thickened, stirring occasionally and uncovering for the last 15 minutes.

I'll post the Italian Dressing recipe soon.  I managed to misplace my dry mix recipe, but did figure out how to hydrate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment