Friday, May 6, 2011

Messenger Bag: The Beginning

Phase 1: Purchase the Pattern

My current messenger bag has seen better days, so I scoured the internet for ideas for a new bag and found a pattern that really inspired me.



Phase 2: Purchase the Goodies

I have hit an owl kick lately so I was in 
search of amazing owl material.

Then I found wonderful ladybug material.   
So viola, my contrast fabric!

Don’t forget the solid aspect of the bag.   
A chocolately brown suiting just 
brings it all together.

Here is the trio together!


Add a variety of supplies: striking green zipper, 
chocolate brown ribbon, beautiful brown thread, 
and playful yellow flower buttons. This is exciting!


Phase 3: Sewing Machine TLC


This sewing machine was my great-grandma’s
1) Replaced the missing spool pin
2) Removed dust and lint
3) Lubricated mechanical parts and engine
4) Fine tune needle and bobbin tension

Stay tuned for more phases! 

No comments:

Post a Comment