Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Shack



Over the past week I have slowly pecked away at a book called The Shack by William P. Young.  It has been an interesting, thought provoking book.  Instead of speeding through the words, it warrants a slower pace to allow for absorption and understanding.  The book is about a man that is deeply hurt by the disappearance and death of his youngest child and the struggles he endures along the path to peace.  This book has a very interesting take on God the Three-In-One.  The author’s words have a magic that transports you into the story and you feel as if you are part of the conversations.  The book is about love, hope, peace, forgiveness, freedom, and looking inside ourselves.  It led to thought provoking questions that I asked myself, a few a-ha moments, and helped me to come to a better understanding with the loss of my mom and grandpa within the last year.  I believe anyone that has had trials, sadness, and tragedies enter their life should take a chance and read this book.  The copy I just read is from the local library, but it is a book that I plan to add to my own library, so I can read it again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment