- Pumpkin's class had achievement testing last week, so as a result an entire week of NO homework. Yay!!!!!
- We have spent quality time with family and friends.
- I received an amazing and uplifting letter this week.
- We splurged and went out to eat at a nearby restaurant and were surprised that it was a kids eat free night.
- The days are getting warmer!
- Hubby put the kids' birthday presents from grandpa together this past week.
- I cleaned the homework table off this week and have been trying to keep it clear.
- I would like to try to tackle and organize the great room during the month of April.
- We have seen sholvers, mallard ducks, great blue heron, kingfisher, grey fox, white tailed deer, cardinals, dark eyed juncos, Canada geese, raccoon, and green sunfish in the yard this week.
- Pumpkin and Princess encountered a crawdad (crayfish) in the creek today. Unfortunately it gave them quite a fright and they had to be rescued by Daddy.
- Out and about, I have seen green winged teal, turkeys, red bellied woodpecker, cooper's hawk, red eared slider, turkey vulture, sea gulls, and so much more.
- Pumpkin has been enjoying listening to Roscoe Riley Rules: Don't Swap Your Sweater for a Dog by Katherine Applegate.
- Hubby just finished reading Watchers at the Pond by Franklin Russell.
- I have been reading Unmending The Veil by Lisa Heaton on the Kindle. I just started reading The Get Yourself Organized Project by Kathi Lipp yesterday.
- Princess has been listening to a variety of books too.
- The brussel sprouts were yummy!
Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
fresh brussel sprouts
2 tablespoons light olive oil
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and quarter brussel sprouts. Toss with olive oil and spread on baking sheet. Season with sea salt, cracked pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Add parmesan and bake for additional 2 minutes.
- Tonight we tried garlic butter asparagus. Yum again! Can you tell that we like garlic?!?
Garlic Butter Asparagus
1 bunch asparagus
4 garlic cloves
1/2 stick butter
Dice garlic cloves and cube butter add to a skillet on medium high heat. Add cleaned asparagus spears (I removed the bottom 1/2 inch of the stalk) to the skillet once the butter is melted. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.