Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Bug Meets Simple Turtle

Today is Valentine's Day.  It is a commercialized holiday, but its basis is on the ones we love.  In reality, we really do not need a holiday to celebrate our loved ones; it is something that we should do everyday.  In this modern world, we lose sight of what is important and forget to celebrate everyday joys.  I, for one, am as guilty as the next.  Maybe we should start focusing on the simple things of life and take a lesson from the turtle (slow and steady wins the race).

The smallest love of my life
Yesterday at church during children's time our pastor instructed the kids that for Valentine's Day they should do three things for their mommies and daddies.  Number One: Hug mommy and daddy, Number Two: Give mommy and daddy a big smile, and Number Three: Kiss mommy and daddy.   I made sure I collected from pumpkin this morning, but princess was not going to have any of it.  Of course, it does not help that she is cutting her two-year molars, so her temperament has been a bit off lately.  

The medium sized love of my life
This evening pumpkin and princess both received a few treasures from mommy and daddy to celebrate Valentine's Day. Pumpkin's favorite treasure is the Smurfs DVD.  Oh, the joys of childhood!  I remember watching the smurfs on the local television stations growing up.  I think I may have bought the DVD more for me than for them.  Princess's favorite treasure is the book Ladybug Girl Loves...  She was just glued to the book.  I like the fact that it celebrates nature and the main character dressed up like a ladybug.

The biggest love of my life
Tomorrow is another day, but I am very blessed to have three loves in my life: Daddy, pumpkin, and princess.  

God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment