Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Comfort of Cooking

Chicken, Cheese & Spinach Manicotti
I've been cooking up a storm lately.  Cooking be a great stress reliever and new recipes can make life more exciting!  It can be a very rewarding "me" time, which can transport me temporarily into another world where children and stress usual are suppressed.  My favorite cooking sites right now are Kraft Foods and All Recipes.

The anticipation of the new recipe is exhilarating.  Is it going to be great or a flop?  Should we invite a guest to join in tasting the new dish?  What modifications do I need to make to prevent an allergic reaction?  Did I read the labels correctly at the store?  How can I tweak it for the next time?  So many questions and so many recipes to try.

Since we periodically get half a cow from the family business, we have quite a few unusual cuts in our freezer that I have been experimenting on how to cook.  I have also been try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into the menu in an effort to eat healthier. 

In the past week, I have prepared the following new recipes: Swedish Meatballs, Slow Cooker BBQ Short Ribs, McCormick Stuffed French Toast, and Chicken, Cheese & Spinach Manicotti.  All of the recipes have turned out great and are all on my list to make again. 

Upcoming recipes in the next month include:  Slow Cooker Short Rib Stroganoff, Beef Tongue (step 1 of the recipe), Rustic Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding (I love bread pudding and this sound fabulous), and quite a few more.  

I'm looking forward to my next new recipe adventure later the week.   No telling which new recipe I'll try next, but I'm hoping that it will be quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment