Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kids Will Be Kids


Pumpkin and Princess had the chance to play outside between daycare and supper this evening.  They sure did seem to have quite a bit of fun.  We started off cleaning up part of the flower bed by the front of the house.  We filled up a whole wheel barrel of leaves, dead plants, and sticks.  When I say "we", I really mean "me."  Pumpkin put in three or four sticks and Princess put in one handful of leaves.  They played on the front steps and ran around the shag bark hickory trees while I worked.  Once we filled up the wheel barrel, we moved it next to the garage for daddy to empty later.


Then we really had some fun.  We played on the little slide that my mom had bought the kids about two years ago.  Then Princess trampled some of my spring flowers in the bed next to the garage, much to my disbelief.  Then the play changed to tapping the bark of the maple tree with sticks.  My kids LOVE to play with sticks.  Princess commonly has a stick in each hand.  They are nature's play toys and very easy to find this time of the year.  I was able to get a few shots in with the camera before it was time to head inside with the pizza that daddy brought home.  


It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment