Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Under Construction


Everywhere we go in town we run into construction.  Since it was a light winter this year, construction season started months ago.  Road construction, building construction, sewer construction, bridge construction, and the list goes on.  I know that construction is good in that fact that it proves much needed jobs in this hard economy, but boy can it be a pain in the putootie to get anywhere at times.  A five minutes wait here and a ten minute re-routing there, changing the direction of traffic here, and do not get too close to the gaping hole where the median use to be there.  I think I need to take to notes so I remember all of the new changes around town. Ha ha ha ha!

So in honor of construction season, I figured I would do a bit of construction myself and do some work around the blog.  I have updated the title graphic.  Two of the pages found below the title graphic have also been update (Meet The Family page and Recipe Archive page).  I have also created a new Book Archive page that lists the books that I have talked about on the blog.  I just need to update Favorite Reads page and construction should be complete for a while.

Speaking of books the local library's summer reading program starts on Friday.  I'm really excited!  The kids and I should have quite a few reading adventures this summer!  I am sure that some of them will find their way onto this blog.  I already have two books on hold from one of my favorite authors, Nancy Moser.  Pumpkin will be entering kindergarten in the fall and Princess might start preschool too.  So I have electronically requested some children's books that were recommended by the local schools for the summer months, too.

If you have any ideas about books to read, things you would like to see more of on the blog, or some fun summer adventures for the kiddos let me know in the comment section.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment