Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's Official . . .

. . . we have a kindergartener.

Today was Pumpkin's first day of kindergarten.  Today was a half day and tomorrow is a full day.  He was very excited, so much that he woke us up at 5:30 a.m. wanting to go to school.  To be honest, he has wanted to go to kindergarten since March.


We got dressed in school appropriate clothes.  Mommy took Princess to daycare, while daddy reviewed rules that we had learned in preschool.  Then we went outside for a few photographs.


Great-grandma, daddy, and I took Pumpkin to his first day of school.  Since mommy really does not like to be late, we were the first ones to his classroom (minus the teacher and her children).  Well, we will be a touch later tomorrow. 


Great-grandma and I went to pick him up around noon today.  His teacher said that he had a great day.  Yay!  Then we went to great-grandma's house and practiced eating out of our lunch boxes.  Note to self do not pack a container of mixed fruit, that sure did not go over well.  He traded me for my applesauce.  


During lunch we worked on his homework.  I asked him questions, then filled in the blanks.  Quite a few times he told me to quit talking and eat.  Ha ha ha ha ha!


We ran an errand, then on the way home Pumpkin fell asleep in the back seat.  I guess school tuckered him out.  I think it is just what we need to get him to go to bed at a descent time.  When we got home I promptly woke him up.  I don't want to ruin a good thing.


I am sure we will have more adventures soon and we will have to get Princess into the action on an upcoming post.   

No comments:

Post a Comment