Saturday, December 1, 2012
25 Days of Kindness- Week 1
So as I was getting ready for bed last night and inspiration hit me. Maybe I was just overly tired, maybe the big guy upstairs was trying to tell me something, or maybe I am just plain crazy.
This time of the year there is a big hipe about the 25 Days of Christmas. I thought it would be nice to have 25 Days of Kindness to get everyone into the real Christmas spirit. So my challenge to you, if you chose to accept, would be to do one act of kindness each day for the next 25 days. I will give a weeks worth of suggestions and they can be done in any order. Then next Saturday, I'll post another weeks worth of suggestions and so on. It should fun and it will be a bit generic so it should work with everyone.
So what do you say? Will you try?
25 Days of Kindness, Day 1- Make a homemade gift or card . . . .
- Find some cardstock, ribbon, crayons, markers, glitter, glue and make a homemade card
for a child or adult
- Make applesauce ornaments to give to friends and family.
- Decorate a wooden box with paint and include a special treasure inside like an ornament
- Sewing, crochet, knit, paste/glue, draw/create . . . the options are endless
25 Days of Kindness, Day 2- Help your elders . . . .
- If someone does not have a car, volunteer to take them shopping for a few hours
- If someone uses a walker or wheelchair, volunteer to help decorate for the holiday season
- If someone has arthritis, volunteer to help wrap presents
25 Days of Kindness, Day 3- Give words of encouragement . . . .
- Tell someone thank you
- Tell someone they did a good job
- Use your words to uplift someone in need of encouragement
25 Days of Kindness, Day 4- Reach out to a friend. . . .
- Call, write, or email a friend that you have not talk to in a while
- Have a lunch date with a friend to catch up and de-stress
- Volunteer to watch a friend's children so they can go Christmas shopping
- Play Secret Santa and drop a small pick-me-up gift on a friends door step, then run
25 Days of Kindness, Day 5- Make a donation . . . .
- Donate your time for a good cause
- Drop some change into a Salvation Army bucket
- Find an Angel Tree and donate a gift to a child in need
- Donate canned goods to a local shelter or food bank
25 Days of Kindness, Day 6- Love your family . . . .
- Have a family movie night with your favorite foods
- Take the family out to see the holiday lights after dark
- Have a family baking night and make holiday goodies
- Play a game with the whole family
25 Days of Kindness, Day 7- Do some cooking . . . .
- Take cookies to a neighbor or shut-in
- Leave your mailman or mail-lady a candy cane
- Drop goodies off to an place you like (for the staff)- like the doctor's office,
vet clinic, small family owned business, local bank, school office
Good luck with your 25 Days of Kindness Project . . . .