Friday, December 21, 2012

Through the Eyes Of A Child

My little angel at church on Sunday

Tuesday morning Princess and I had a pretty deep conservation.  
It went something similar to this:

Princess: "Mommy, I want to play with my sisters!"
Me: "But you don't have any sisters."

Princess: "Yes, I do A & M.
Me: "A & M are your cousins, not your sisters."

Princess: "Oh."
Me: "Auntie and Mommy are sisters because we have the same mom.  You do not have the same mom as A & M, so they are your cousins."

Princess: "Where is Auntie's mommy?"
(long pause)
Me: "Well, Mommy and Auntie's mommy got really sick and died.  She is buried at the cemetery, but is in heaven with Jesus."

Princess: "I don't want to died."
Me: " You aren't going to died for a long time, but eventually we do die.  Our bodies cannot live forever, but when we get to heaven, we will live forever there with Jesus."

I cannot remember what we said next, but the conservation has replayed in my mind over the week.  It was a sad conversation, at least for me.  Unfortunately Princess does not remember my mom.  She was 19 months old when mom died.  

A picture of Princess the day of mom's funeral. 

I am sure we will have many more conservations, but the out of the blue ones are rough.  It is hard to know what to say to one so small and then the memories bring back emotions that you thought you had suppressed.  But trudge on we must and the love of a child is as precious as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment