Sunday, January 27, 2013

Random Thoughts

We have been busy the past week.

Winter Sunrise

We got a second digital camera, so I've been playing with the new toy.  I'm super excited about the 30x zoom!  So hopefully in the next few months, I'll get a decent shot of the blue heron that hangs out in our backyard.  Now that we have two cameras it will be easier to teach hubby how to improve his picture taking technique and how to use all of the buttons and settings.

Wolf Moon

Deer In The Yard

We are teaching Pumpkin the value of money.  Not in the typical sense mind you, but more out of necessity of learning a hard lesson.  Pumpkin accidentally broke something, so now he needs to work off the money that it will take to replace the broken object.  So far Pumpkin has learned how to use the upright sweeper, learned how to mop the kitchen, and now knows how to clean a toilet.  I was of course with him every step of the way and sometimes had to re-clean behind him.  But to learn the lesson, and hopefully not repeat the incident, he needs to do it himself.  I have not been very successful in getting him to accomplish anything today, but we will work on picking up and vacuuming the sun room tomorrow.  At least the kitchen floor is gleaming.  

Learning To Vacuum

Learning To Mop

Oh, I finally got around to having a haircut.  I typically get it cut once a year in August, but ended up not getting around to it until now.  I decided a few weeks ago while watching Les Miserables at the movie theater with hubby that it needed to be cut.  Every time hubby tried to put his arm around my shoulder, he would yank my hair. Ouch!

Before (At Work)

 
After (At Home)

Just For Fun

Cleaning is still going very  S  L  O  W!  I have gotten through about half of the kitchen cabinets.  I have cleaned the window ledge.  The top of the refrigerator and the "catch it all" table still beckon me. 

We are getting ready for the kids birthdays.  Princess's is in six days and Pumpkin's is in nine days.  The kids have colored lunch sacks for the birthday party goody bags.  I have got the bags filled with goodies- juice pouch, gummies, and assorted treasures.  We have our cake mixes for both Saturday's party and taking cupcakes to Kindergarten next Tuesday.  Pumpkin wanted Scooby-Doo and Princess wanted Rapunzel, so we have some small party plates of both.  I also found plastic rings for both themes online, so each cupcake will be decorated with a ring (like the store bought cupcakes).

We had pork chop pizza for supper tonight.  Yummy!!!!!!  In high school dad taught me how to doctor up pizzas.  It is really simple to do . . . .


Pork Chop Pizza

Ingredients:
Take and Bake Cheese Pizza
Leftover pork chops, chopped
green olives stuffed with garlic, sliced
mushrooms, sliced
shredded cheese
salt
pepper
garlic salt
Italian seasoning
fresh shredded Parmesan cheese

Instructions:
Warm up the oven according to pizza's instructions.  Pile toppings on top.  Season to taste.  Bake in oven until crust is browned and cheese is melted (check pizza's instructions).

Enjoy your week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment