Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pork Chop Time!


This afternoon I manage to get out and do a tad bit of shopping- light bulbs, Easter basket goodies, drill bits, tear free shampoo for the kiddos, colored felt for Easter eggs, and some food.  I have been thinking about pork chops for a while, so that is exactly what I got for dinner tonight.  I also found some cheesy garlic bread sticks, throw in some green beans and we have a meal.  And don’t forget dessert, I got a strawberry cheese strudel, maybe pair it with vanilla ice cream.  Oh, heaven!!! 

Below you will find my pork chop recipe.  I played with the spices until I found a blend I like.  I typically just toss and little of this and a little of that, but have included measurements to help with the first round or two if you choose to try the recipe.  If you have leftover cooked pork chops, dice it up and doctor up a cheese pizza before popping it in the oven.  Yummy!!!!!

Seasoned Pork Chops


Ingredients
~ 2 lbs of pork chops                            
1/3 cup canola oil
¾ cup flour                                            
1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt                             
1/3 teaspoon dill weed
¼ teaspoon salt                                    
¼ teaspoon pepper

Instructions
Mix flour and spices in a bowl, set aside.  Pour oil into 14” skillet, heat to medium.  Coat pork chops in flour mixture.  Fry in hot oil, four to five minutes per side.  Discard unused flour.

Kitchen Tip:
To clean skillet, place a few folded paper towels in skillet after removing pork chops.  Use spatula to push towels around until all dripping and oil are removed.  Dispose of paper towels and allow skillet to cool and dry before washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment