Saturday, March 3, 2012

Life & Such

Life appears to be plateauing out for the time being.  

Dad was discharged from the hospital Thursday evening.  Hooray!  My fingers are crossed that he does not have to be hospitalized again until his bone marrow transplant.  I've talked to him three times yesterday and once today, and he sounds great so far.  Hoping to drop by his house for a visit tomorrow afternoon, before he starts his chemo pills on Monday.

Last weekend we celebrated Daddy's birthday.  Pumpkin & Princess assisted with making the dump cake for the celebration.  I would of posted sooner, but alas we did not have internet last weekend and I have been away from home in the evenings once the router was replaced.

Dump Cake
1 pkg cake mix
20 oz can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
21 oz can pie filling
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup stick butter, cut in thin slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x13x2 inch pan.  Dump the undrained pineapple into pan.  Dump in pie filling and spread into an even layer. Dump dry cake mix onto the pie filling and spread evenly.  Sprinkle nuts over cake mix.  Place butter slices over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.  Serve warm or cooled.





Today has been a lazy day.  Princess woke me up at 7:00 a.m. and we snuggled for a while.  


Pumpkin slept in until about 8:45 a.m.  We had cereal and milk for breakfast and the kiddos watched some cartoons.  I worked on the grocery list after I figured out the dinner plan for the week.

Tonight: Pizza, salad, and pie crust bunnies
Sunday: Pot roast (with carrots, onions, and potatoes),  hawaiian sweet rolls and pudding with fruit
Monday: Fresh asparagus, creamy lemon chicken pasta, and strawberries
Tuesday: Family dinner night at grandma's house.  Yay!!!!!!
Wednesday: Cheese toasties, soup, and jello
Thursday: Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and apples
Friday: RAID THE PANTRY. . . maybe, just maybe if it is warm enough grill out. 

I did pretty good getting everything on my shopping list.  I did forget to get romaine for tonight's dinner.  I was sidetracked by celery for Pumpkin.  The kids had a great lunch today.  Pumpkin had celery with peanut butter and Princess had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   I have some tomato soup cooling off on the stove.

So far the day has been going well.  Happy to have at least one stress-free day and hope that it becomes a trend instead of a rarity. ;-) I have been thinking about spring, which is right around the corner.  I cannot wait for the spring wildflowers!  My favorite one to search for is jack-in-the-pulpit


Wishing a lovely weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment