Tuesday, February 28, 2012

For The Love Of Monkeys!

How much longer until this horrible month is OVER?  I try to be pretty laid back.  I try to take it as it comes.  I try to be the strong one for the family.  I try to do what is right.  Why the heck has this month be SO screwed up?  A month of blessings (Princess, Pumpkin & hubby's birthdays), has been picked apart by a month of constant interruptions and chaos.  

Dad just went into the hospital for his third hospitalization for the month of February.  Of course, they still do not know what is really wrong- they just have theories.  During the last visit he had the luxury of staying ICU for three days.  That first ICU visit created much anxiety for me.  Riding that elevator up to the 2nd floor, wondering if once again I would hear those terrible words that was spoken of my mom during her stint in ICU, "only two weeks to live."  Thankfully I did not hear those words, but oh that anxiety sure was there.  I love my dad and I sure as heck do not want to lose another parent.  They may move his bone marrow transplant up, so hopefully, just hopefully that will help.  I really don't know, it is all is God's hands.

I haven't posted in a bit because our internet router died last week.  The new one, just came in today's mail and it got it installed right before I received a text that dad was going to the hospital.  

My baby sister has been planning to move in with us for about three weeks now with her cat and dog.  Everyday seems like a waiting game.  Will it be today?  Will it be tomorrow?  There are never any answers.  We were hoping to use the box truck to move some of her larger things this evening, but it didn't happen.  I guess it gave me the evening to spend at the hospital anyway.

Pumpkin starts kindergarten in the fall and in the last week we received two rejection letters from the magnet school lottery, so we have decided to send Pumpkin to private school instead.  Boy is it going to hurt the pocket book, but a good education in a safe environment is worth it.  

I typically do not mention work, but a co-worker is retiring tomorrow.  I will be temporarily getting a large chunk of those duties for the time being, so lots of extra stress all around!

I don't think a chocolate cherry coke is going to help this time.  To be honest, I just want to cry instead of my typically laugh response.  Can I just hole up in my house for a few days and pretend that the world does not exist outside these walls? 

Here is to hoping the March will be much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment