Sunday, February 12, 2012

Busy Day

Today has been busy!  Daddy went out and got donuts for breakfast.  Yummy!  Pumpkin, Princess, and I went to church.  While daddy headed out to the farm to help his dad check on some sick cattle.  

Pastor had a great sermon today.  He is not one of those ministers that just stands behind the pulpit reading his notes.  He steps down into the aisle and preaches with variation of volume and uses his hands and facial expressions to bring life to his sermons as he moves about the church.  What an amazing man!  After church we go to Sunday school.  The kids to their class and me to the younger adult class.  It is a wonderful time to spend together and explore scripture as it applies to our daily lives.  I like to sit back and listen more than use my voice, but everyone is different.

We had an interesting lunch.  Princess ate half of a banana, then decided she was tired so off to bed she went.  Pumpkin had half a cheese toastie with a slice of American cheese and a bowl of cheese crackers.  Daddy had a cheese toastie with two slices of provolone cheese and vegetable barley soup. And I had a cheese toastie with a slice of provolone and a slice of American cheese with tomato soup.  Cheese toasties are so good on a cold winter's day.

After Pumpkin headed to his room for quiet time.  I went down to the basement and got the Christmas decorations finally put away.  I had whisked them downstairs on New Year's Day, but wanted to wait until we found most of the Christmas stuff before I took the time to put it away properly.  I got the twin bed in the great room made and placed a new light weight comforter on it that I found on clearance yesterday.  It is is beautiful shade of light green and Princess will be able to use it later time.  Right now the northern half of the great room is the cleanest place in the house.  I'm sure my sister will be quite surprised.  



I still need to work on cleaning the southern half of the great room and clean the sun room today.  Plus we have a mound of laundry waiting for its turn in the washer.  I guess Rome wasn't built in a day and our house will not be clean in a day either.

My messenger bag sewing project maybe delayed again.  I had to move the sewing machine table to make room for the twin bed.  The new location does not allow the top to open.  So my options are I will either need to move the sewing machine to sew, borrow my grandma's sewing machine that is not attached to a table, or delay the project.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to supper tonight.  I am making creamy lemon chicken pasta, fresh asparagus and have some crusty bread.  We also have some leftover cupcakes and pudding in the refrigerator for dessert.  Oh heaven!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment