Sunday, February 5, 2012

Time To Kick Back . . .

. . . with a chocolate cherry coke and celebrate surviving this last week!

Surgery, allergies, 2nd child's birthday, cleaning/baking, children's joint birthday party, and 1st child's birthday!  I am so excited to think, I do not have to clean a single thing in my house tomorrow!  Although, I wish I had a few extra days to kick back and relax!

Things that I'm proud of this week:  
1) Making homemade birthday party hats!  That is an amazing feeling!


2) Not losing my sanity!

3) Saying what the heck and living with a not too tidy house for a house full of company.  Besides they are not going to remember how messy it is, just the laughter and memories that they had while visiting.

Pumpkin's birthday has been full of LOTS and LOTS of sugar!  We had donuts for breakfast, he got a donut after children's time at church (that was totally by a miracle of God), Pumpkin & Princess's Sunday school teacher made cupcakes to celebrate their birthdays.  Then he conned daddy into giving him a cupcake for lunch.  And guess what he wanted for supper . . . a cupcake.  I told him that he had to eat something healthy today, so he decided on cheese toasties and celery with peanut butter.  Hahahaha!  Well I guess he knows what he wants!




He finally was able to open presents by himself.  He did not have to share the limelight with his sister and he did not have to watch his sister open presents this time.  That has been the hardest concept for him to grasp this week and it had made him quite cranky at times.  But we successful made it through!

One highlight of the day . . . my dad stopped by for a visit this afternoon!  It was so nice outside (about 50 degrees) that hubby, dad, and I sat outside.  We had an hour long visit while gazing over the wintry pond and landscape.  You have to treasure these small little memories!  

Next up is Valentine's Day, then daddy's birthday before the month is over.  I think that we will start a new tradition this year, with Valentine's Day being family game night.  I bought Candyland for the kids to unwrap.  Shhhhhhh . . . it's a surprise!  That way the kids get to celebrate loving their family together, since they will learn soon enough in school that it is a holiday to celebrate but may not understand quite why.

Well Downton Abby will be on PBS soon, so I want to be ready to watch this addicting show!  Have a wonderful evening!
 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big your kiddies are! I had forgotten that their birthdays were close together. Can you believe our boys are 5? (Well, mine will be on Saturday) Where does the time go? I have read about using food coloring in spray bottles on snow...great idea. Let me know how it turns out. Our snow has turned to slush and with the way this winter has been, who knows if we will get more? Say hello to your hubby for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Time sure does fly with the kiddos. Haven't had a chance this year to try out the food coloring with the snow, but I know others that have done it with their kids. For once, we really have not had much snow this year. I'll pass your greetings along to hubby. :-) Love to your family!

    ReplyDelete