Saturday, February 11, 2012

Changes Are A Coming!

I do not know why I have this way of jinxing myself, but I do.  Sunday, I was so looking forward to Monday- to have a day to relax and chill out from the ups and downs from the week before.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  Within the span of two hours the world seemed to be caving in.  I figure you have two choices in life, either laugh or cry.  A majority of the time I am laughing.  And I've laughed A LOT this week!

Monday was a pretty typical day, up until about 6:00 p.m. then the chaos started.  I stopped by my maternal grandma's to drop a piece of paper off before heading to the grocery store and my aunt called.  Dad was not feeling well and she was planning to stay the night with him.  So she asked me to check in on my paternal grandma and make sure she got her evening medications which included an insulin shot. 

So I continued on and went to the grocery store.  I had six items on the list in my hand and managed to forget the first two items on the list- butter and eggs.  I got back home and was getting ready to go to grandma's when my sister showed up.  I love my sister, she is such a sweetheart.  Well, she stopped to ask if she could move in with us for a while with her cat and dog.  Like I said I love my sister, so it really was not a question of yes or no, but when.  

Then I headed off to my grandma's house.  The evening pills were placed in a dish, the garbage was taken out for the next morning, dinner was put away, and "Muttly" (my dad's nickname for my aunt's dog) was taken out for a potty break.  I did manage to give my grandma her insulin shot.  I had no idea what I was doing, so I carefully read the directions step by step.  Then apologized as I gave her the shot, which thankfully she said did not hurt.  So grandma and I both survived the en devour.

My aunt called around 12:30 a.m on Tuesday and dad was on his way to the hospital.  The chemotherapy meds and some other meds were not agreeing with each other, but they got it straightened out and dad went home on Thursday afternoon.  Looks like his bone marrow transplant will be sometime in April.

Now we are preparing for three more into our household.  Hubby and I talked and my sister had three options for sleeping- the couch, move a bed into Pumpkin's room, or move a bed into the great room.  We decided to moved a spare mattress from the basement into the great room.  So this afternoon, I moved furniture around the house, cleaned off the mantle above the gas fireplace, and cleaned the top of the buffet.  Pumpkin is sup-possibly allergic to cats so we will see how it goes.  There is still much more to do, but I think I'm taking a break.

Well I know better than to say I want to kick back and relax again.  So instead I think I will say: I plan to laugh and laugh and laugh and one of these days it will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment