Saturday, February 18, 2012

Well . . . .

What a week!  Valentine's Day seems like it was years ago.  It was a good day though.  


The kids unwrapped the game Candy Land and it has been played almost every day since.  It is very good at teaching counting, colors, and taking turns.  Although, Pumpkin really does not want to draw the card on top, but we are working on that.  I think Pumpkin is addicted to the game.  Princess also enjoys it, thankfully she is not as competitive as Pumpkin when it comes to winning.  So, I only have one child to try to soothe during the game. 


Hubby got me a box of six fresh, chocolate dipped strawberries.  Yummy!  I sort of lacked this year in my gift giving.  He got a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper and a bag of Poppycock, but in my defense his birthday is in a little over a week and I got something GREAT for it.

Wednesday afternoon is when everything went downhill.  Dad was taken to the hospital and spent many hours in the emergency room before he was transferred to the intensive care unit.  The doctors have run many tests and think that he has viral encephalitis.  So he remains in intensive care for the time being.  He has been taken off of his chemotherapy regimen.  As usual cancer sucks, but we have to keep moving along even if it is slowly but surely.  My grandma, aunt and I have been visiting him off and on each day.  After hubby gets home from work, I'll head over for a visit with dad.  We are very thankfully for all of the prayers and words of encouragement.

We are also still working on getting ready for my sister's impending move.  Sounds like tomorrow evening or Monday now.  Hello, live-in cleaning fairy!!!!!! (wink, wink) 

No comments:

Post a Comment