Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Heron . . .

One of the reasons that I wanted to upgrade to a better camera with better zoom is because I would dearly love to get a good picture of the great blue heron that hangs out in our backyard.  The thing is, the heron KNOWS!  

If I have my camera, he makes sure that he is on the opposite side of the pond.  If I get to close, he flies away.  Sometimes when he sees me, he turns around and walks further away.  This morning he even taunted me!  We were running late for church and I did not have my camera, so he was on our side of the pond about 40 feet from the driveway.  Oh it was so hard to drive to church this morning, when all I could think about was turning the car around, running into the house for my camera and finally getting my perfect shot of the heron.  Here are a few shots of him on the other side of the pond, but oh do I dream of a good up close shot of this amazing bird.  

He watches and he plots!!!

There he goes and walks away from me AGAIN!

 
Best shot so far of this feathered creature.

I have gotten a few other good fauna shots this past week between lunch breaks at work and critters on our pond at home.

Red-bellied woodpecker (male)

Northern Shovelers (3 drakes, 3 hens)

Fox Squirrel

Mallards (1 drake, 1 hen)

I am really looking forward to the spring wildflowers, so I can see how good this camera is at up close objects. Spring is right around the corner.  So stay tuned for more photographic adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment