Saturday, May 25, 2013

Well . . .

. . . It has definitely been a bit since my last post.  When I think about a post, the computer is either off or I am no where near a computer.  Plus I have been under the weather since Sunday.  I think the plants are making up for last years drought by an over abundance of pollen this year.  My car is coated in a layer of pollen thick enough that I could write "Wash Me" on my car.  Ha ha ha ha!  Now if I could just kick this darn cough that keeps me from a full night's sleep, I think I will have turned the corner.

Now, it is apparent to me that I will need to schedule a series of posts to play catch up.  Events like the last day of school, my new orthotics, and our new dandelion legend probably need their own post devoted to them.  So watch in the coming days for these posts and more.

For today, we have not accomplished much.  The family reunion pool party was canceled due to the weather, so the only time the kids and I have left the house was for grocery shopping.  There are more family reunion activities tomorrow, so we will probably catch some of it then.   

The kids helped me make rice crispie treats this evening.



Earlier in the day I also made fruit salad. 

Luscious Fruit Salad
 
 

Ingredients

1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix
1 12oz. can crushed pineapple
1 8oz. can mandarin oranges
Strawberries
Red grapes
Raspberries 

Instructions

In a large bowl, mix pudding mix with crushed pineapple (including juice).  Next add drained mandarin oranges, halved grapes, sliced strawberries, and whole raspberries.  Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving. 

Note: Any variation of fruit can be substituted including apples, cherries, peaches, etc.  For variety marshmallows and nuts can be added.

Well I'm off . . . I need to head out into the rain and secure the garage can with the new bungee cord that I purchased today to detour the raccoons from their newly found nightly playground called our trash can.

No comments:

Post a Comment