Monday, July 15, 2013

What Does The Future Hold?


I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.  Not sure what my thinking will produce, but I have been thinking none the less.  Sometimes it is about the mundane and other times it is about directional change.  

Anyway, Pumpkin will be starting the first grade in about a month.  We ran into a glitch in the last week with an adult influence suggesting that reading be used as a punishment to deter inappropriate behavior.  Definitely not an option in our books.  Hubby and I want our children to love reading and love books.  Unfortunately this was suggested in front of our son, so his current stance is that he hates books and hates reading (which breaks my heart).  We are working on trying to fix this glitch, hopefully before school starts, with positive re-enforcement.  The ladies at our local library suggested books on CD to entice his imagination, so I am thinking that we will try that tomorrow night as a treat during family dinner night.  I have a cousin that is a kindergarten teacher and she also offered some good suggestions to help us encourage Pumpkin in his reading endeavors.

Princess should be starting preschool in the fall, but we cannot afford to pay for it and take off work to transport her to and from for the half day programs in our area.  She is too smart for the one public preschool and it has a very limited number of students that it can accept.  Anyway, it is something that we are thinking about and reassessing.  She will definitely need to know how to write her letters and numbers within the next twelve months.  

Last night as I attempted to go to sleep (my brain was in full thinking mode), I tossed and turned, and tossed and turned.   Finally a verse popped into my head Jeremiah 29:11  

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future."  

Well glad to know that the Big Guy Upstairs knows what is going on, although it would be nice if He could clue me in sooner than later.  Guess I need to send up a few more prayers for direction and guidance.


1 comment:

  1. Faith, dear, faith. One day at a time, sometimes one hour or one moment at a time. Kids are pretty resilient; hang in there.

    ReplyDelete