Monday, January 6, 2014

Stir Crazy

We have been home since Friday evening.  Sigh. . . . A bit too long if you ask me.  We did go outside and play on Saturday a few times.  The kids went out for just a bit yesterday morning, but the kids have not left the house today.  School, daycare, and my workplace were closed today.  I did got outside long enough to make sure my car started, but that was it.  Hubby's truck will not start, so he got a lift into work with his dad this morning. 



The kids cheered when one of the guys from grandpa's farm came into town and plowed our driveway.  Whew!!  We had about 7 inches on top of the snow from last week that had partially melted.  There was a lot of drifting during the storm, so some areas of the driveway were bare whereas other areas had about three to four feet of snow.  The forecast is calling for more snow on Wednesday.  Oh joy!

We woke up this morning to -16 degrees Fahrenheit.  Weather.com said it felt like -35 degrees Fahrenheit.  Definitely happy that the kids and I did not have to go out.  This is the coldest that I have ever remembered it getting around here.

Oh, I did finish reading a book today- The Gift of ADHD by Lara Honos-Webb, Ph.D.  It is an interesting tool book that I may be able to apply to our lives.  We will see.  On to the next book!

When it gets a bit warmer outside, but before the snow melts I want to try a new idea with the kids.  A couple of years ago, I saw that a friend posted on her Facebook page that her children drew in the snow with food coloring in squirt bottles.  I got some clear plastic condiment bottles over the summer.  All I need to do is mix up some colored water and send my kids out to color the snow! 

Ack . . . thinking about the cold weather now has me cold.  I am going to make a nice warm cup of Vanilla Dream.  Stay warm!!!

Vanilla Dream

Pour milk into a coffee cup, about 1 cup milk.  Stir in 1-2 spoons of white sugar.  Stir in 1-2 drops of vanilla extract.  Warm in the microwave or on the stove top in a pan to desired temperature.  Makes 1 serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment