Tuesday, June 24, 2014

When it Rains

I have been such a slacker and I have not really felt like write lately anyway.  So to get the white elephant out of the way, so I can focus on happier posts.  

I have been sick for 5 1/2 weeks now.  I have an interesting time of it and have been doing a LOT of laughing.  I have bounced between three doctors, although more are going to be added.  I have taken six different medications, one of which I ended up being allergic to.  I have had a CT scan, a CAT & PET scan, a MRI and two ultrasounds.  I have been fatigued, in pain, unable to regulate my temperature, and not the happiest mom on the block.

After 5 1/2 weeks this is what I know: 
I had originally been diagnosed with bronchitis by the doc in a box, when in reality I had my very first never ending acute bladder infection.  How fever and abdominal pain are associated with a bladder infection, you got me.  Anyway 5 1/2 weeks and three urine tests later I still am suffering with this infection.  In addition, I have my very first diagnosed ovarian cyst that went from 2" (size of a lemon) to the current size of .5", it is benign so no ovarian cancer.  This of course took 5 1/2 weeks to answer, too.  My platelets were elevated a few weeks ago, but now they are in the acceptable level.  The doctors have yet to rule out lymphoma in my abdominal region and apparently the abdominal lymph nodes are hypermetabolic, so the next step is a biopsy.  So 5 1/2 weeks later, I am waiting again.  I feel like a ping pong ball.  Every time I talk to one doctor's office, I call the other to make sure that they have the information.  Then if I have forgotten, I call the first office back and tell them to send their results to the second office and vice versa.

Alrighty then, I am exhausted from just thinking about it.  So I am going to hit the sack.  Tomorrow is another day.  God has a plan.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment