Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Mother's Love- Part 2

My quilt is finally done.  It took time and love on grandma's part and it is absolutely beautiful!  


The blocks were embroidered by my mom and great grandma.  See A Mother's Love- Part 1 for the back story.  
 


Grandma allowed me to design how I wanted the quilt to look.  I envisioned a garden.  The embroidered blocks I wanted surrounded by a stain glass inspired gate in memory of grandpa.  I wanted a wandering chain of flowers between the inner gate and outer border. When grandma completed the quilt, she had a local lady machine quilt it before sewing the binding on.





It was quite the project.  But I am so thankful that I have something to keep my mom, grandpa, and great grandma in my memories.  And one day when grandma goes to join them, I will also remember her love in creating this beautiful quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment