Friday, July 8, 2011

Pumpkin & The Praying Mantis

Earlier this week, pumpkin helped to bring the recycling bin from the curb.  Part way up the drive, he stopped and yelled "Bug!"  We looked at the lid of the recycling bin and there was a tiny but beautiful praying mantis.

We continued up the drive.  Then pumpkin watched the praying mantis while I got my camera.  I was able to get quite a few good shots.

The praying mantis was also interested in my camera.  Praying mantis eat other bugs, but he must of been in a defensive mood.  That praying mantis jumped on (probably more like attacked) my camera four times, which was quite entertaining.  I laughed each time and helped it back onto the recycle bin for more pictures.
 




Praying mantis's are such graceful insects.  Those beautiful front legs make them look like they are praying hence their name.  The larger ones are much more intimidating, but this one was just the right size to be absolutely cute as a bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment