Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Basket of Busyness

This past Sunday I took a basket making workshop.  The end result was a lovely hanging snowman basket.  





 


Basket making is really quite relaxing.  It is amazing to see what you can make with your own hands and some simple instruction.  Of course the end product is functional and breath-taking.  This was the second class that I have taken and I am still in awe of being able to "create" a basket with my own hands.

Besides baskets our lives have been busy.  There was a church potluck two Sundays ago that I was in-charge of.  We had the theme "Our Favorite Things" to honor our pastor and his wife.  It really turned out quite amazing in the end, even if the week before was really crazy.  


I've been reading a few books and making some beaded socks.  Trying (in an awful attempt) to clean and de-clutter the house, but with little ones that may be just plain crazy.  Still dreaming about making my messenger bag.

The kids each have made a foam gingerbread ornament for the Christmas tree.  We created them one Tuesday evening (which was a great distraction) before supper at great-grandma's.  I have more in the kit, which we will make later once the tree is up.

The last few days I have been in a bit of a daze.  Praying about things that only God has control over.  Knowing that things will work out according to His will.  Life can be scary at times, but we just have to keep on plugging along.  Sometimes I wish that I could have more time to recover from the hailstorms before being thrown back in, but He never gives us more than we can handle.


Upcoming dreams:  
~ Taking the kids to see Pussy and Boots the movie, have yet to make it to the local theater
~ Hoping to get a family picture taken one of these days (last one September 2009)
~ Planning on Thanksgiving Dinner with the family at our house
~ Putting the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving
~ Building a snowman this winter

No comments:

Post a Comment