Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Gift Of Friendship


A friend is someone who understands your past, 
believes in your future, 
and accepts you just the way you are.
~ Author Unknown ~

During this Christmas season I had the chance to see one of my best friends.  We have been friends since the 5th grade, just months before my baby sister was born.  We spent hours at each others houses growing up.  She lived in an old white Victorian house in town and I in a log cabin out in the country along the river.  She introduced me to Tang and bagels with cream cheese. We played flute-clarinet duets together for solo ensemble during our high school years. 

College sent me one way and the military sent her another.  She was the maid of honor in my wedding.  We have kept in touch through the years and across the miles.  Even though we do not get a chance to see each other often and even though we do not get a chance to speak often, when we do get together it is like we have never been apart.  It is a real honor to have such a wonderful friend.  I am definitely blessed with our friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment