Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's Hot! Hot! Hot!

Whew, it is still hot!  The temperatures today was forecasted to reach 103 Fahrenheit (39.4 Celsius).  I really am not sure how hot it got, but it was toasty!  Thankfully we are suppose to get a reprieve starting tomorrow.  Maybe we will even be lucky enough to receive some rain, but alas it will come too late as local water restrictions started this week.  The crops look terrible, the ground cover in the deciduous forest look terrible, and lawns are brown.  Not a typical summer around here.

On a lighter, we have been having a very busy summer.  Tomorrow night we will be finishing the summer reading program.  Yay!  Each of the kids will get a paperback book as a reward for completing the summer program. I cannot wait to see what type of book they may choose.

I meant to keep on top of things and post the books I read and the favorites of my kiddos, but it just did not happen.  Well, there is always next summer!  

Oh, I tried a new recipe earlier this week: Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits.  They were pretty good.  I might tweak the recipe a little here and a little there.  We had them with left over cold ham and fresh hot green beans.


We have a few more projects in the works, but those will have to wait for another time.  Time to round up the kiddos and get them settled for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment