Saturday, July 28, 2012

Snow White

Sometimes life feels like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  There are those good days in life.  There are days filled with work.  There are days when you are running for all its worth.  There are days that you feel like one of the dwarfs.  And then, there are days that witch and the poison apple appears.

I thought that the poisoned apple would make an appearance yesterday.  Yesterday the memorial bench for my mom and grandpa was installed at a local nature center.  It was nice to see it accomplished, but at the same time it was a sad reminder that they are gone. Next week will be the two year anniversary of grandpa's death and mom's two year anniversary will be the next month.  

To add to the day, I went with my dad to his doctor appointment.  We both had anxiety going into it.  What would the doctor say?  Would the cancer be gone?  If the cancer is not gone, what would happen next?  Thankfully the doctor said that the cancer was in remission. Yay!  Thank you God and thank you to everyone for the prayers!  

But, I have been thinking over the past week and one of my biggest worries is, if dad ever did pass would I be the one to find him?  I honestly don't know if I can do that again.  The day that mom passed, I was the one to discover that she was gone.  Grandma was in the other room on a phone call and I desperately tried to find a pulse, a breath, anything before I told grandma what I thought to be true.  Then I had to make the call to the hospice nurse to come to the house to confirm that mom had passed.  It was absolutely terrible.  I know that mom is in a better place and I know that she no longer hurts from the cancer, but sometimes you feel frozen in time and cannot as hard as you try get a horrible image out of your head.  I'm hoping with time that memories of that day fade, I just am not sure that I can relive them again anytime soon.

Thankfully my thoughts have not been all dank and dreary this week.  We took the kids to the library and finished the summer reading program.  The kids really enjoyed themselves with the program this year.  They both received a book for completing the program.  Pumpkin got "Mac And Cheese" by Sarah Weeks.  Princess got "I Love New My Toy!" (an Elephant Gerald and Piggie book) by Mo Willems.  I picked up a few books too, so hopefully one of these days maybe I'll post about another book that I have read.

"Whistle While You Work" infected me yesterday afternoon.  I purchased and replaced the dryer ventilation tubing.  I also purchased some pipe and duct work insulation for hubby to do some work in the crawl spaces.  I fixed a stuck kitchen drawer (the back was separating from the sides).  I fixed a squeak back door, gotta love WD40.  I also fixed supper. ;-) 

Pumpkin and Princess were a riot this morning.  They were fighting over which one of them is Mommy's friend.  So they argued back and forth, it was quite cute.  Then Princess called herself a pretty princess.  Pumpkin told her that she could not be a princess, because she is not pretty.  Then he called himself a pretty superhero, because superheroes are good and he wanted to be good.  Hahahahahaha  I know what he said was not nice and thankfully my pretty little Princess didn't really pay any attention to him anyway, but it sure is funny to hear how kids process the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment