Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Time Flies


It has been some time since my last post.  I was going to put a post up two Saturdays ago, but decided that it was best not to post when I was brimming mad.  So instead my grandma and I switched out Princesses winter clothes to summer clothes in the next size.  I know a bit late, but better than never.  Oh, and I read ALOT that weekend and said forget it to the chores!   I think I finally got back to normal yesterday.

Anyway, two Sundays ago Princess woke up with a 103 degree fever (39 degree Celsius).  So we spent that Sunday cooling her down.  She went to the doctor the next day and had a throat infection with very swollen tonsils.  By about Wednesday that week, she decided to start eating food again.  Pumpkin, of course, had sympathy pains for her.  I really think he wanted to go with her to great-grandma's house instead of daycare.  He kept saying that his "heart" hurt and he should go to great grandma's.

Two Wednesdays ago, Pumpkin and Princess both had the chance to go to a nature camp.  Pumpkin learned about mammals and birds.  Princess learned about dirt and worms.  They both had a fun day and will get to go to camp again next week.



This past Friday, we took the kids to see their second theater movie ever: Disney's Brave.  Pumpkin had his eyes glued to the screen the whole time.  Princess on the other hand. . . . was another story.  I put her into one of the theater seats and folded up on her (like last year).  We ran into another family that we knew at the theater and they gave us the idea to use a booster seat.  Aha!!!!!!  That definitely worked.  Princess was good to go.  We watched the short cartoon at the beginning, which was awesome by the way.  Then the movie started and just when we were just getting into the movie.  "Mommy I gotta go potty!"  Ugh!!!!! No!!!!!  I must see the movie!!!!!  So I carried Princess to the bathroom and low and below the sound of the movie was playing in the bathroom.  Jackpot!!!!  So we returned back to our seats.  A little bit later.  "Mommy I'm afraid of the dark."  Ugh!  Sit in mommy's lap.  The bear scene came along. . . . . "Mommy, I want to go HOME!"  " Mommy wants to see the movie.  How about you turn around and hug mommy?"  Finally the movie was over.  "Princess, did you like the movie?"  "Yes!  It was good."  Hahahahahahaha  


Brave was really a good movie and I love the quote at the end:
"It’s about going on a journey, facing your deepest fears and surrendering yourself to the possibility that in attempting to change your fate, you will inevitably be changed...

So let’s not settle for being brave. Let us instead aspire to do brave things. Let us live boldly. Let us transform the world as we have been transformed."
This past weekend the kids spent time playing in the kiddie pool with their daddy while I worked on catching up on a few chores and cooking meals.  I would venture out more if daddy would not let the kids have domain over the hose.  I really do not want to be soaked from head to toe with really cold water.  



 
Pumpkin and daddy have also been fishing in the pond over the weekends.  Here is a green sunfish that they caught.


We have been busy reading.  I hope to have another post soon with the books from week 3 & week 4.  I have also done some cooking too: Pumpkin Blossoms, potato salad, and much more.  So hopefully, I will have a post on this soon too.

Boy, I sure am rambling a bit.  Hopefully the next post will be more focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment