Friday, October 12, 2012

Am I crazy?

 

I cannot get "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" out of my head.  Every time I think about a new post for the blog it pops into mind.  Every time I think about updating my Facebook status it pops into my mind.  Next thing you know, I'll start answering the telephone that way.  It is like the record in my brain is broken and it replays the same line over and over and over again.  

Let me see what I can do about that:

"This is the song that never ends.  It goes on and on my friends.  Someone started singing not knowing what it was.  And they'll continue singing it for ever just because.  This is the song that never ends.  It goes on and on my friends.  Someone started singing not knowing what it was.  And they'll continue singing it for ever just because."   - Nope brings back memories of Lamb Chop, which my preschool age sister watched while I was in high school.

"I love you.  You love me.  We're a happy family.  With a great big hug.  And a kiss from me to you.  Aren't you as happy as can be?" - NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Barney!!!!!!!  Another flash back to a high schooler being tortured by a preschoolers choice of television shows.  Okay. . . . . . let's try this again. . . . .

"One bright day in the middle of the night.  Two dead boys got up to fight.  Back to back they faced each other.  Drew their swords and shot each other.  If you don't believe this lie is true.  Ask the blind man he saw it too."  - A bit better, learned that one from my BFF in grade school. 

"Have you ever gone fishing on a bright and sunny day?  With all the little fishies swimming up and down the bay?  With your hands in your pockets and your pockets in your pants?  And all the little fishies do the hoochie- coochie dance?"  - Oooooooo, 4-H camp and the kids' camps

"There's a raging sea.  Right in front of me.  Wants to pull me in.  Bring me to my knees.  So let the waters rise.  If you want them to.  I will follow You.  I will follow You.  I will follow You."  - chorus of a song by Mikeschair, good song!

Well I am not really getting anywhere am I?  So since I am coming up short with any ideas for a post.  How about you help me out?  What should my next post be about: food, kids, nature, books, recipes, pictures, etc. . . ?

2 comments:

  1. First off, I LOVE the "letters of nature" that you did in your last post! I'm going to try that with maybe our last name or my blog title! Love it!
    I think your next post should be about something more than you have written about before. Something deeper, more personal. I like your blog, but it's yearning to be more personal. I would love to hear your thoughts on the struggles of being a working mom with two little kid, the juggling of that with your desire to be active in your church with their events. What it's like to be a mom without a mom around anymore to give you advice. Things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to get all of the letters in our last name, place them in a matted frame and hang it on the wall somewhere in the house. If I had a larger variety of letters, then I could create inexpensive framed gifts using Photoshop and simple words.

    Thank you for the suggestions, I could try to strive to be more personal. On some aspects I thought that I had been, maybe not recently but more so in the past. In other aspects, I try not to peeve off family and friends by what I may say, do, or think. Hahahaha I really will take your suggestion to heart and see what I can do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete