Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another Question of the Day

Has anyone ever heard the saying "If you don't behave, I'll sell you to the gypsies."?  

I heard this statement quite often growing up.  Now it was not always directed to me, usually more my brother than my sister and I.  I am sure that it was said to instill the fear that "Oh No!  I better behave or my parents will get rid of me."  

Now why would I be thinking about this silly notion?  Because I REALLY want to scream that at my kids, BUT I don't think that they will understand one little bit.  

Most of the time they are angelic little angels, but ever once in a while they get a spur under their saddle and they turn into the most annoying and onrey children ever.  I think boys are more prone to this behavior than girls, at least during the younger years of life.

So I think I need to take a page from the new PBS show Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

The Roar Song
"When you feel so mad that you want to ROAR.  
Just take a deep breathe and count to 4.
1 . . . . 2 . . . . 3 . . . . 4"

2 comments:

  1. I need to Daniel Tiger's advice all too often too.

    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL . . . Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is pretty cool for a little kids' show. We have only caught it a few times, but my kids LOVE it. :-)

    ReplyDelete