Saturday, October 20, 2012

Can't Do It . . . . .

I had the chance to hang out with some of my co-worker friends last night.  This rarely happensSo getting invited to hang out, is actually pretty cool.   

We had a second round of movie night.  We all brought along some food to share: pumpkin pie, taco chips, dip, meat & cheese tray, soda, brownies, and our host made butter beer (something to do with Harry Potter).

During the last movie night back in September and we watched "Thor" and "Sideways".  Somehow I got deemed as a cool mom, because I did not excessively talk about my kids or husband.  Which seemed to surprise the girls.   

Anyway, the girls decided that we should watch "Cabin in the Woods" because the movie had Chris Hemsworth, from "Thor", in it and none of us had seen it.  Well it did sound like a horror movie, which I cannot do very well.  But one of the girls assured me that one of her friends told her that it was not that scaryOh . . . . I should of googled it.

The movie did not start out to scary, but as with all horror movies when night time arrives that is when the problems start.   To prevent a glare on the tv, one of the girls suggested turning off the lamp in the room.  So it was nice a dark in the apartment.  Then the dead zombie people arrived on the scene to start killing people.  YEAH, that did me in!  I spent the rest of the movie with my jacket over my head.  When the characters on the tv screamed and the girls screamed I jumped.  I think at one point I was even shaking.  Not fun!  I tried sticking my fingers in my ears- that did not help.  I was SO glad when the movie was over. 

Thankfully the next movie was the "Breakfast Club."  That was much better on my poor nerves.  I did have fun with the girls, but I do not think I want to watch anymore horror movies ever, ever again.  I think I will stick with the drama, action, comedy, romance, historical, animated mixtures.   

Maybe I will watch the "Aristocats" with the kids later.  That sounds like a nice and safe movie to me. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. You've got to watch a horror movie with your hands covering your entire face and with your fingers slightly spread on one hand only so to see the screen. Makes things less scary!

    ReplyDelete