Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thoughts and Reflections

Life is busy . . . . 

As the days get warmer the kids want to spend more time outside.  They are really outdoor kids at heart.  If Pumpkin had his choice he would probably be outside from sunrise to dusk.   Princess has a pretty similar attitude.  They love to play with sticks, dig in the dirt, chase geese and ducks, and many other adventures.  

Pumpkin developed his first case of poison ivy over the weekend.  It appeared on his face, neck and right hand.  It is finally starting to become less apparent.  So far Princess still seems to have an immunity to the plant.

Work is extremely busy and will not slow down until August.  Oh, how I wish it was August already.  I know, we should not wish our life away.  There is so much to do and just not enough people and not enough hours to do want needs to be done.  I guess my problem is that I care and hold hope that good things happen to those who work hard.   Well what does little old part-time me know.  Maybe one day . . . . .

We have been seeing a few ants in the kitchen this spring but so far we have not experienced a few blown invasion.  Now with that being said, I might just have an influx of unwelcomed visitors within the next few weeks. Ha ha ha, such is life!

I need to get out and start taking some pictures of the beautiful wild flowers coming up.  I have seen spring beauties, bloodroot, and dutchman's breeches in bloom this week. I also saw leaves of trout lily, trillium and toothwort.  I have seen pictures from other that have seen hepatica.  I am really looking forward to when jack-in-the-pulpit come up.  Such an interesting plant!!!

I so need to reorganize the house.  I keep putting it on my to-do list, but then do not find the motivation, energy, and will power to get it done.  I know that it will be more manageable if I divide the house into sections and then go from there, but it is so daunting that I have yet to figure out where to start.

I have been doing quite a bit of reading lately.  Nothing really that stands out as notable and amazing.  One of these days, I'll try to write up some thoughts on some of the more noteworthy books.  I do need to get to the library some time soon. 

Earlier this week was t-shirt weather, but I am afraid that it is long sleeved weather once again.  Soon though the coats and long sleeves will be shed until fall.  What a glorious thought that is!

Well I need to see to the kiddos, since it is well past their bedtime.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment