Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pics and More

I have gotten quite a few good pictures lately!!  (Big Smile)

Dogwood

Robin's nest
(Favorite spring picture so far this year!) 


Pumpkin picking flowers

Princess pretending that a tulip leaf is a camera

 Spring Beauties

Awesome moon pic

Trout Lily

Tulip

Our garage sale over the weekend was quite successful, especially the fact that there is less in my basement.  I like that . . . a lot!  The wind on Friday and the afternoon rain showers on Saturday created quite a few interesting moments, but we managed and even packed up early on Saturday.  Yay, more of a weekend for us!

Sunday morning I discovered that one of my orthotics for my plantar fasciitis had broken.  (Big Sigh)  I thought that maybe, just maybe I could get by with over the counter shoe inserts.  Yeah . . . that is not working too good.  Or as my husband would say "No Gooda."  Three days without them and I am icing my heels, taking ibuprofen, and thinking about crawling around the house instead of walking.  Guess I will have to break down and call the podiatrist.  The only problem is that the insurance company will not cover the orthotics so we are looking at some major expense.  I got the orthotics that just broke in 2009 and at that time we paid $450.  I still have the casts of my feet which hypothetically should reduce the price, but my shoe size has increased by 1 1/2- 2 sizes so I have a feeling that they will need to recast my feetWho know how much it will cost this time, but I am going to have to bite the bullet and make that phone call.  I just hope that it does not take a month to get into to see him.  I think in this case, the sooner the better.

Okay time for a kidism:   Pumpkin when referring to peaches: "It tastes like hippopotamus poop."  Mommy trying not to laugh: "How do you know what hippopotamus poop tastes like?"  Pumpkin:  "Well . . . I don't know!"  Mommy: "Eat your peaches."

Do you have any kidisms to share?

2 comments:

  1. Hippo poop?! Hysterical!
    Sorry about your feet. The kids at mini camp would love to see you crawling into class! Hope you get it taken care of sooner than later! I hate unexpected expenses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know how little minds can be! ;-) Saw the orthotic guru on Friday. I have a new pair on order that is suppose to be more flexible (hence less likely to break) and my current pair has been duct taped. So I should be crawl free soon enough! Ha ha ha ha!

      Delete