Saturday, September 21, 2013

Love At First Bite

Yesterday I made the most wonderful fall treat . . . . 
APPLE PIE MUDDY BUDDIES!

Oh my!!!!  How wonderful do they taste!

I found the recipe on the blog A Pumpkin and A Princess.  Ha ha ha!  Funny that the blog name is similar to the one you are currently reading.  Great minds MUST think alike!  (wink, wink)

Well without further ado . . . . Here is the wonderful recipe.  It includes my modifications & short cuts.


 

Apple Pie Muddy Buddies

Ingredients
1- 13.8 oz box Apple Cinnamon Chex cereal
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 + cup unsalted butter
generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar
generous sprinkle of nutmeg

Directions
1) Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave as directed by the chocolate chip package.  I also mixed in the cinnamon sugar and nutmeg at this time.  (This was my first attempt and the melted chocolate had a consistency of whipped cream cheese.  I used Ghirardelli Classic White Chip, maybe next time I will try different chips to see if it makes a difference.  So I added an additional 2 Tablespoons of butter to thin it out. )  2)  Mix the cereal and melted chocolate in a large stock pot until well coated.  I mixed the chocolate in 1/3 of a batch at a time.  3)  Put powdered sugar in a gallon sized ziplock bag and add cereal.  Seal and shake to coat cereal.  4) Spread on a wax paper covered cookie sheet to let cereal set.  5)  Enjoy and share with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment