Wednesday, September 4, 2013

School Days

First grade is off to a rocky start.  I am hoping that once Pumpkin really gets into the swing of things it will improve.

Days of School Song
(Pretend 12 Days of Christmas music in the background)

On the first day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me an empty book bag. . . . 
(Thought that Pumpkin forgot his homework on the first day, so called the teacher to check in.  Thankfully no homework, but she asked that we work on his eye contact when he is conversing with others.)


On the second day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me our first glimpse at homework . . . .   
(Phonics & spelling, math, reading, and memory work.) 

On the fourth day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me his first ever bruised blacken eye. . . .
(Fell at recess)


On the fifth day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me my first taste of homework rebellion . . . . 
(Top time: two hours to do 20 minutes of homework) 

On the seventh day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me a bruised swollen blacken shin . . . . 
(Fell at recess.  Boy first grade is tough!)


On the tenth day of school, my Pumpkin stayed home and to the doctor we did go . . . . 
(First time for strep throat and first time for fifth disease virus/ slap cheek syndrome. Gave up on pictures by this point. Cheeks, chin and ear started bright red and upper arms looked to be covered in hives.  Then is spread down his arms and down his legs.  About 90% gone now.)

On the eleventh day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me several checks in his behavior folder . . . .
(Doctor approved him returning to school and said no going outside in the heat/ sun until the rash disappeared, approximately 7 days.  This child is an outdoor kid, it was rough for school and home alike.)

On the fourteenth day school, my Pumpkin brought to me a note for reading help at school . . . .
(He is doing good with reading, but not focusing and paying attention.  It has been recommended that a smaller group will help Pumpkin to learn how to focus better.) 
 
Today was the fifteen day of school, my Pumpkin brought to me no checks in his behavior folder . . . .
(Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment