Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day

Oh the weather outside is frightful.
But the fire is so delightful.
And since we've no place to go.
Let it snow!  Let it snow!  Let it snow!



And snow it has!  I have heard anywhere from 8 to 10 inches of snow.  So, we had a snow day today!  

View from our garage door.
That dark blob between the two trees to the right is one of our yew bushes out near the road.  
Just past the bushy blob is the sidewalk then the roadway.




The kids spent the day playing and I spent about three hours shoveling snow.  Thankful, I had some help for our very long, long, long driveway.  A nice gentleman stopped to see if we needed the driveway plowed and I politely told him that I did not have any extra money to spend and thanked him for stopped by.  We have actually never splurged to have our driveway plowed.  I am sure that it would cost an arm and a leg since it has to be at least 100 feet in length if not more.  The nice gentleman decided to plow a path from the garage to the road for free.  What a wonderful blessing from God!  I made sure to note the business on the side of the truck, so hopefully in the future if we need a handyman he will be on the list to call.  Hubby finished shoveling after he got home from work this evening.  I have a feeling that I may have overdid it on the shoveling, so ibuprofen will most likely be my friend tomorrow.


Last night we made and sampled our first snow ice cream.  We filled a bowl with fresh snow.  Then mixed in white sugar, a touch of vanilla extract, and milk until it was the consistency of ice cream.  Hubby and I liked it.  Princess thought it was too cold and Pumpkin did not like it one bit.


Princess has been sick for over a week now.  She had the stomach flu early last week, then had a high fever for four days spreading over this past weekend.  We saw the pediatrician on Monday.  She is on antibiotics and eye drops.  Monday afternoon was the last of the fever.  Thankful, no one else has fallen to illness yet in the household.

We have had the kids birthdays spread in the mix since the last post.  I am reserving my comments on all of festivities until after we have their joint birthday party.  It does look promising for sledding though!

No comments:

Post a Comment