Friday, December 19, 2014

The Spirit

Sorry to be gone so long. 

It has been a rocky year for us. It has been a rocky year for a lot of people that I know. 

Unfortunately I am not really into the Christmas Spirit this year. I need to pep talk myself into a better mood. This year everything seems rushed. If it can go wrong, it has gone wrong. I have realized when you have an injury, you are less likely to be perky about the holidays. I kind of feel like Cindy Lou Who in the song Where Are You Christmas?




"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
~ Dr. Suess- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!


I have yet to mail Christmas cards and just started wrapping gifts. But Christmas is really not about that. It is about a little babe in the manager and the promise of hope that God gave us so long ago.

So Christmas will come and go this year. We may have less fanfare this year. But we will spend it with those we love, so that is really what counts. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment