Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blessings Around Us

In the past year there has been so much turmoil in my life that sometimes the blessings of each day went unnoticed.  Thankfully, I am not alone.  At some point in everyone's life, blessings of the day will be taken for granted and under appreciated.  So today I decided to try to look for the hidden blessing around me.  It was an interesting challenge to myself and I have a greater appreciation for the little things around me.

Here are some of the blessings that I found:
  • The smell and taste of cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven
  • A sunny day that helped to melt the snow
  • Having the opportunity to be stuck at home with the family all day
  • Watching pumpkin and princess string beads on pipe cleaners
  • Watching princess pick out the just the star beads from an assortment of beads
  • Finding time to read a few devotionals online
  • Watching my husband take pumpkin on a winter walk through the neighborhood
  • Holding princess while we played with purple play dough and made butterflies
  • Grandma dropping by with news from church and talk of a sewing project
  • Watching a movie with my husband during the children's naptime (a mini-date)
  • Not having to cook supper because my wonderful husband brought home a pizza
  • Finding time to set out clothes for tomorrow
  • A friend stopping by for a visit
  • An early bedtime for pumpkin




Looking forward to more blessings tomorrow!  Especially if it means that I will get the use of my car again sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment