Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fiction Recipes. . . .


. . . . an odd combination.  Don’t you think?  But truly amazing together! 

I finished read my fourth book of the summer last night and was blown away.  How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O’Neal is a story about motherhood and food. 


Now life is not easy, and this book is full of twists and turns along life path- some good and some bad.  Rough patches in life build character and make us stronger.  The book also illustrates that sometimes things do happen for a reason, if we do not discover that reason until many years down the road.    We just have to have faith to move on and do the best we can. 

The most amazing part of the book is the recipes that are scattered throughout.  The main character has a bakery and a handful of the recipes can be found within the books pages.  I was just beaming when I discovered the first one.  The smell and taste of bread is so comfortable and just screams simpler times. 

We did go to the library earlier today, but I kept the book here at home for a bit longer.  I want to take the time to jot a few recipes down before I return the book.  Most of the recipes sound just scrumptious!

I was so thrilled with Barbara O’Neal’s book that I requested the other two books that she has written through out local library.  I cannot wait until they are available!  My next book will be a classic, Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment