Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Joy of Reading

I do really like to read, that is when I get the chance.   I did not make my goal of ten books during the months of June and July.  I did great during June with a total of five books.  July on the other hand, did not fair so well.  I just finished a book number seven this morning, which I started reading on Saturday.  Book number six from previous posts, I have yet to finish, but I am close.  Of course the fact that it is due next week is an incentive to finish it.

So without further ado, book number seven is The Secret of Everything by Barbara O'Neal.  I discovered this author in June and her books are quite intriguing.  I have read a trio of her books that have a cooking theme running throughout the stories.  Of course the best feature are the recipes that are tucked within the pages.  


The previous books had a theme of motherhood, faith, dreams, love, and of course food.  This book has a mingling of mystery and romance.  It is set in New Mexico and the recipes are part of the breakfast menu at a fictional world famous restaurant that serves as a backdrop for this story.  The main character, Tessa, is a wanderer that is looking for clues to her childhood that she cannot seem to remember.  

This book was amazing!  Tessa loves to take photography and hike- so it was very easy for me to get lost within the pages.  It is one of those stories that you just cheer for the main character the whole way through.  

As Tessa tries to rediscover her past, she discovers so much more and is forever changed (but in a good way).  As with the other books that I read, life can throw you twists and turns but you have to keep trudging forward.  And in the end, everything is connected and everything does happen for a reason.  What a wonderful reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment