Sunday, August 14, 2011

World Famous Stress Relief Tonic

Do you ever have one of those "bad" days?  Do you sometimes want to scream just to make the stress disappear?  Do you dream of just a few heavenly minutes without any care in the world?  

Everyone has some little trick to help on those days when everything just goes wrong or that are so full of stress that you feel like your head will start to spin.  Instead of vices, like alcohol, smoking or drugs, I rely on the good old fashion sugar induced happy rush.

My "World Famous Stress Relief Tonic" is called a Chocolate Cherry Coke.  Now they can be found at soda foundations and a few select restaurants, but I have concocted my own budget friendly recipe.  Friends during my college years got me hooked on these sugary drinks.  Warning . . . Daily consumption may not be good for your waist line or blood sugar levels. ;-)

Chocolate Cherry Coke

I use a 20 oz. plastic tumbler, fill it 3/4 with ice, then gently squeeze in 5 seconds (slowly count) worth of Hershey's chocolate syrup, then slowly pour in 2 seconds worth of maraschino cherry syrup (it can come out fast so go slow). Next place a straw in the tumbler. Then I pour about half of a 12 ounce can of Coca-cola and stir with the straw, then pour the rest in and stir again. Enjoy!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment