Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Joy of a Basket


Who would have known that basket weaving would 
be so much fun!  I had so much fun at the 
workshop making my very first basket. 

The project was an eight by six inch Easter basket.   
Materials included a wooden handle, reeds, sea grass, 
and spray sealant.  Tools included clippers, a ruler, 
a pencil, a whole lot of clothespins, a small screwdriver, 
tubs of water, towels, and me.

I brought my camera along and snapped pictures 
whenever I got a chance and remembered.

First few rows and the base

Starting to look more like a basket

Adding some color

Ready to start the finishing touches

Trimming and tucking

Added sea grass

Binding the top

Just needs the sealant

All done & home sweet home

 My first basket took me three hours, but I am sure to 
improve on my time for my next venture into basket making.

No comments:

Post a Comment