Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time for a Change


The flowers are blooming. 
And the weather is become warmer. 
 
Spring beauties
It is time to think about packing away the winter clothes. 
It is time to unearth the spring and summer apparel.

 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Pumpkin and Princess will be moving up to the next size in clothing within the next few months.  I find it is always so much more enjoyable to wade through the children’s clothes than my own.  Children grow so fast that is really is a shame to pay full price for clothes just to play in.  We have clothes that we have bought new, clothes that have come from garage sales, and my favorite . . . hand-me-down clothes. 

We have been working with Pumpkin on learning how to dress himself.  He has been able to undress himself for a very long time now, but has never wanted to master the skill of getting dressed.  He is one of those children that if he can get someone else to do it, then why do it himself.  He still needs some assistance with putting socks on, and has overcome the challenge of putting the shirt over his head (which would reduce him to tears).  But overall, he is doing a great job and we are very proud of him.

With short season coming on, we will also start working on potty training Princess.  It is so much easier to train while they are wearing light weight clothing.  We have the training pants ready and waiting.  I’ll think that we will wait until after Easter, then we will start work on our new goal to become a diaper free household.

The wardrobe of my husband and I usually do not get updated too frequently.  It is so hard to think about buying clothes for yourself when your children need clothes too.  Thus we fall into the typical parent attribute . . . always putting ourselves on the backburner.

I think this summer I will try to wear shorts more often.  Growing up, I use to wear shorts everyday from the time it was warm in the spring until it was cold in the fall.  The house we lived in did not have air conditioning, so we spent as much time outside as we could growing up.  It wasn’t until college that I lived in a place with air conditioning and then my job required long pants at all times so I adapted to not wearing shorts at all.  I think it is time to break my long pants habitat and have fun in the sun again with shorts.  Of course this means that I will need to get a few more pairs of shorts that fit.  I feel some “me time” lurking around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment