Saturday, April 16, 2011

Life and Thoughts


Pink tulip
I sure do enjoy spring.  Although, I could skip the cold spring rains and the muddy landscape at times.  I do enjoy the trees as they leaf out and the continued blessings of spring wildflowers.  I especially delight in the warming of the air and rays of the sun. 

Trees leafing out and flowering in the orchard
Spending more time taking pictures in the past few months has been a blessing and quite relaxing.  Earlier this week, I was able to capture some lovely shots of the moon in the early evening.  I have also been on a mission to photograph spring wildflowers.  I have seen bluebells, dutchman’s breeches, trillium, trout lily, tulip, hyacinth, violets, among other beautiful flowering specimens in the last few days. 

Lunar glimpse
This week during my photographic adventures I have seen a black rat snake, cricket frogs, bullfrogs, cardinals, tufted titmice, chickadees, gaggles of Canada geese, and many more creatures large and small.  I caught my first frog of the season yesterday- a very muddy but amazing cricket frog.  The call of the male cricket frog reminds me of two marble clinking together.   A sure sign that spring is in full swing! 

Spring beauties
I have not done a lot of new cooking lately, but this evening I am trying two new recipes:  Slow-Cooker Short Rib Stroganoff and Rustic Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding.  I hope they warm the family up on this chilly, wet spring day.  Both recipes sound delightful and I have been looking forward to making the bread pudding recipe for a few weeks now. 

Dutchman's breeches
I have materials for another Easter basket and I am hoping to create my second basket tomorrow.  Thank goodness I took notes and pictures a few weeks ago during the basket workshop because this time it will be a solo project.  This prospect is both exciting and a bit intimidating, so I am hoping that all runs smoothly.

Trillium
It is nap time right now.  Princess is fast asleep and Pumpkin can be heard talking and singing from his bedroom.  It seems we are getting closer to phasing out naps in his case and Princess is taking shorter naps too, but it is still good for them to have quite time.  Quite time is great for recharging the mind, promoting imaginary play, and just relaxing.  Even after naps are phased out, we will continue to have quiet time just to veggie out by ourselves and to give everyone a short break to just be. 

Bluebells

No comments:

Post a Comment