Friday, September 30, 2011

Simmer Down

Simmer Down . . . this has been an often repeated thought this week.  It has followed me through stressful events, lack of patience and understanding (sometimes on my part), and frustration over a lingering injury.  It is like a tea kettle, the steam just builds up until the top blows off.  My method of simmering down typically is to just back away from the situation and cool off, which allows a calmer perspective on the situation before getting back into the game.


Another way to simmer down is to distract myself . . . so a good distraction . . . hmmmm . . . I got it!  How about thinking about the awesome little perks to the week?  Here I go!

1) Blue heron on the pond
2) Peach cobbler surprise
3) Kingfisher on a phone line
4) Black forest cake surprise
5) Hooting barred owl
6) Red roses surprise
7) Three hundred plus digital pictures taken
8) Hugs from the kids
9) Two chocolate cherry cokes
10) Cinnamon crunch bagel
11) Smile from a friend
12) Laughter
13) Hug from an old friend
14) Oodles of birthday wishes
15) Pumpkin helping out
16) Princess saying "I gotta go potty"
17) Warm coat and hat
18) Cabbage Rolls
19) New long sleeved shirts
20) Hugs from my hubby
21) Watched favorite tv show
22) Fresh bed sheets

Okay, I feel a bit better.  After a good night sleep, I'll be ready for a new month and a new perspective.  Tomorrow is always another day, another chance, another promise of love, laughter and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment